Expertly Crafted Dental Crowns and Bridges
A dental crown may be the right restorative option when the goal is to preserve the healthy parts of a tooth that has decay.
A dental bridge is a device holding prosthetic teeth that can fill in the spaces caused by the loss of natural teeth.
The appearance of a crown or bridge is directly dependent on the experience level and quality of care provided by the dentist. Dr. Davis is a highly skilled cosmetic dentist and takes great care in crafting a customized fitting and visually appealing tooth color for each patient's needs.
What is a Dental Crown?
A crown is a tooth-like covering placed over a carefully prepared existing tooth. It is used to protect, strengthen, restore or improve the appearance of your natural tooth. The crown is placed on an individual tooth much like a thimble over your finger.
Crowns serve many functions:
- To strengthen a tooth to accommodate the attachment of a fixed bridge.
- To support the tooth when there is no longer sufficient tooth structure left to place a filling.
- To protect the structure of a tooth that is fractured or broken.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A bridge is a custom device anchored to neighboring teeth that replaces one or more missing teeth. When lost teeth are replaced with bridgework, the teeth on either side of the missing teeth must be prepared as crowns to serve as abutments to hold the prosthetic teeth in place.
How does Dr. Davis Perform Crown/Bridge Treatment?
- Conduct a thorough oral examination including any necessary x-rays.
- Numb the area to be treated.
- Carefully shape and contour the tooth or teeth to be crowned.
- Take an impression of the area.
- To conclude the first appointment, Dr. Davis will fit the teeth involved with one or more temporary crowns.
- At the following appointment, we evaluate the final crown(s)/bridge for proper fit, place the permanent crown(s)/bridge, and make final adjustments if necessary.
What are the Benefits of Crown and Bridge Treatment?
Crown and bridge treatment reverses the negative impact of missing teeth in a variety of ways:
- Restores and maintains the natural bite.
- Prevents unnatural stress on other teeth.
- Keeps opposing teeth in their proper place.
- Prevents shifting and tilting of adjacent teeth.
- Discourages further dental decay and periodontal disease.
- Enhances your smile, speech and chewing function.
Our goal is to help you enjoy the most healthy mouth and beautiful smile for a lifetime.
For more information regarding dental crowns, dental bridges and related services, contact the office of Dr. John M. Davis III, D.D.S. at (954) 941-3003.
Dr. Davis' office is centrally located in Pompano Beach, FL and serves patients that travel from across the globe as well as locally from Fort Lauderdale, Lighthouse Point, Deerfield Beach, Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Parkland and Boca Raton.